Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:26:07 -0400
From:      Charles Richmond <cmr@sitaranetworks.com>
To:        'Kris Kirby' <kris@catonic.net>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Alpha 4.x releases (production quality?)

Hmmm... I have an XP1000 system sitting at the "can't load kernel" after an
install of 4.1. I understand that this issue may have been solved in the
last couple of days and I admit that I have not yet had a chance to address
this or even had the cycles to do more than look at the screen. However,
even if this is fixed, shouldn't we let it soak for awhile before saying 4.x
is production quality?  If Joe Shmo ftps down an ISO of 4.1
is he going to install/boot/run? If the probability is high enough, ok. If
not, lets wait.

Just my 2 cents
Charlie