Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:54:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to identify ASUS PB-cache modules?

Howdy,
I recently bought several sytems containing ASUS P/I-P55TP4XE motherboards.
When ordering, I asked for 512k pipline-burst cache.  When picking up the
systems, I thought to ask if they'd actually given me PB cache.  I was
told that 512k PB cache modules were not available, and that I'd been
given async cache instead (grrrrrr).

So, I get the systems back to the office, fire one up, and after all of
the usual BIOS messages, I'm greeted with the message "Pipline Burst Cache"!!

Can I trust this message?  Do I in fact have PB cache?  Are the guys who
built the system really the yahoos that they seem to be?

Taking a look at the module, I see that it bears the label:  "CACHE
MODULE CM1   REV 1.3".   It has 4 Winbond W25P010AF-8 chips and one ISSI
IS61C256AH-15J chip.   Is this the right beastie?

Thanks,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X