Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:44:20 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Add date & time within the source code

The CVS file version control system does that for the FreeBSD developers
so they can keep things organized.  You can use CVS for your files if you
think version control is important.

Zhihui Zhang wrote:

> In every source code file of FreeBSD, you can see lines like this:
>
> @(#)kern_sysctl.c       8.4 (Berkeley) 4/14/94
> $FreeBSD: src/sys/kern/kern_mib.c,v 1.16.2.1 1999/08/29 16:26:01 ...
>
> I am wondering how to add/update these useful messages automatically or
> how to do it manually.  Thanks for any help.
>
> -Zhihui

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!