Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:06:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Gerard Giamberdine <gerard@holly.ColoState.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp route table

Hello,

Having user ppp difficulties... I've gotten to the point where I can type
'dial provider' in ppp and it connects fine. However when I shell out and
try telnet ... or ftp ..., it just hangs. I'm pretty sure the problem lies
in the route table, but am not entirely sure what it's values should be.
My ISP assigns me an IP each time, and I think itself a dynamic one too.
I'm a little confused on that since it seems like a dynamic IP on its
side isn't needed? Anyhow, I've been using my ISP's default gateway -
129.82.192.1 when assigning IPs, and this is the route table I get:

default		129.82.192.1	UGc	0	0	tun0
127.0.0.1	127.0.0.1	UH	1	10	lo0
129.82.192.1	129.82.192.96	UH	1	0	tun0
		(my dyn IP)

So my ultimate question is - is this what I want? Or should the
addresses on the left end in .0? I've tried using the ISP's dynamic
IP in place of 129.82.192.1 but with the same results. Any help
will greatly help my sanity.

Gerard