Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 22:24:52 -0500
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, imp@freebsd.org, Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD BSD License 3 -> 2 Clause History

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> I think you are reading more into that commit than it contains:
> It merely asserted "Copyright of Compilation" over FreeBSD.

Likely. My original post wasn't worded well. I was mostly interested
in the rationale of removing the endorsement clause (from a license
writers perspective of new work, not any particular application of same),
which though 'simpler and more free', would seem a tricky thing to give
up, or to model new work on after having seen 3-clause texts.

Though, to be sure, the rest of this thread is good to recount as well.

For new, unfunded, work by individual committers, where is the link
to FreeBSD equivalent of this OpenBSD template? It seems attractive.
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share/misc/license.template?rev=HEAD

> as response to the trademark finally getting back to the project
> after the WC/IX/WR saga.

Thinking that's Walnut Creek, and maybe Wind River, but I forget IX,
unless it's IX Systems.