Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:53:11 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   CTM public key problems

I have been looking at past emails sent out on the various ctm mailing
lists, and I am not able to verify the public keys that accompany them.
Am I using the software incorrectly, or is there a problem with the
keys?

I get the public key for CTM by looking at the welcome message I get
when subscribing to one of the CTM mailing lists.  Then I use
gpg --import
to put the key into my .gnupg folder.

Then I use
gpg --verify file-containing-ctm-delta
and I get a message:

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: Signature made Mon Jun 25 02:20:23 2001 CDT using DSA key ID
C380B4D8
gpg: Good signature from "CTM Generator <ctm@freebsd.org>"
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
gpg: Fingerprint: C05C DC5B B56E A62D 405E  C7D3 C255 8F14 C380 B4D8

Stephen

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu