Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 17:39:18 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@coresync.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Home Directories -- in the point of security?

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 04:31:26PM -0600, a little birdie told me
that Brett Glass remarked
> Even "friends" can sometimes overdo it. If you keep the pages in a
> separate FreeBSD partition and impose quotas, you'll be safer in
> that the system (which may be mission-critical for you) won't fall
> apart if someone inadvertently takes up a lot of space. This is
> especially important if you're letting your friends do CGI.

Let friends alone  :P
Friends are easy.  Friends are friendly.  Friends know you know where
they live.  Friends know you're insane and if they putz up your box, they
know to already have the flight out of the country scheduled.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com