Date:      Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:17:51 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PGP keys in the Handbook

On 11/12/2011 08:16, Chris Rees wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Ryusuke has kindly suggested another way to relieve me of any extra
> free time I had by removing old PGP key entries from the Handbook.
> Hopefully we've shaved ~0.2 seconds off the docs build this way :)

Actually this is also helpful to those of us who import the keyring.

> I'm surprised at the list of developers

You mean committers.

> without PGP keys, I've put a
> list at [1], and will be emailing them soon about it!
>
> Would anyone like to approve this patch? I dare you!

Yes please, and thanks for doing this work.

As for committers without PGP keys, if they aren't actively using them
(and therefore actually have the key, know the password, etc.) then
adding new spurious keys is not a feature.

Meanwhile, a good next step would be speaking to still-active committers
about removing/modifying keys that are still there but expired, revoked,
etc.

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."