Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:15:24 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
To:        Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ripping mp3's

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:14:37PM -0400 Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu> wrote:
> does anyone know of a cd-ripper that supports looking up the
> song titles off the 'Net? i know that grip does, but i can't
> get it to work on freebsd because i can't find a ripper that it
> supports.
>
> i don't suppose that anyone knows how to make dagrab to work
> with it do you?  thanks

I'm using grip with no problems.  I'm using it with cdda2wav and
bladeenc for encoding.  Lame or gogo will also work, as well as
mp3encode.

Dagrab might work, but I've never used it.  You might look at the
"other" option for ripper on the grip setup.

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net