Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 20:56:07 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Rick Lotoczky <rickl@ic.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP & P6DOF - Show of Hands

Hi,

> Sorry for the late reply, but I was out of town for the last week.  Seems
> like the changes you made to SMP system were a big win here.  Silo overflows
> are non-existant, a few interrupt-overflows remain.  I can now access the
> IDE drives **and** connect with my 2B ISDN line concurrently.  In the past,
> the sio would all but stop during a disk transfer.

 to eliminate tty-level buffer overflows patch sys/sys/tty.h:

*** tty.h.orig  1997/08/31 23:03:59     1.1
--- tty.h       1997/08/31 23:04:52
***************
*** 119,125 ****
--- 119,129 ----
  #define       OBUFSIZ 100

  #ifndef TTYHOG
+ #ifdef SMP
+ #define       TTYHOG  2048
+ #else
  #define       TTYHOG  1024
+ #endif /* SMP */
  #endif

  #ifdef KERNEL

Send reports of success/failure.  If it does some good I'll ccommit it.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by