Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:22:55 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>
To:        Mike Porter <mike.porter@xrxgsn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the magical incantation necessary to print to /dev/ulpt0

On 2001.08.12 11:38 Mike Porter wrote:

> [...]

For the last time, it's NOT a "WinPrinter."  Pure FUD.  If it were, the
OS/2 driver would have to interpose physical drivers on the OS--it
doesn't--I use it under OS/2.  Under OS/2, I can even send an ordinary text
stream--completely bypassing the driver--and it will print TTY-like on the
printer.  And the HP500C Ghostscript driver works fine through the parallel
port--except I only have one of these (and disconnecting the printer on
that port is not what I had in mind).

There's clearly a bug in FreeBSD USB support.  I'll file a PR.

jmc