Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 01:55:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS problem: stuck on dir entry listing via ls

Hello.

Today we moved our DHCP server, NIS/YP master server to a new hardware
plattform and installed FreeBSD 4.7-R.

The new server acts as a NFS server for our diskless clients and therefore
it exports only one filesystem, the root for the diskless clients.

Now I recognize a strange behaviour on this machine: exporting the root file
system for the diskless clients works normal. Mounting this filesystem and
cd'ing into it makes no problem and 'ls' works also but only if there are only
dir entries. If I cd into a populated directory and do a 'ls' there, the
terminal gets stuck!

Has anyone any idea?

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)