Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 1995 01:30:36 +0100
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov, dufault@hda.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, hsu@cs.hut.fi, terry@cs.weber.edu, witr@rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium?

> Having a consortium may also give potential comercial software
> creators more reason to write/port software to the os's.

And may also give other software vendors (OS vendors) reason to go for
round two with us :-(

Don't forget the business adage:
	If you'r a big company, & your market place is being threatened
	by a small company, Sue them, doesnt matter what for, just
	Sue them, it wastes the directors time, they slip schedules,
	& may even give up ....

Well FreeBSD doesnt have directors, but it does have activists who would'nt want
to see more lawyers letters.

I can see some benefirt from a consortium, but I can see some danger too,
I also forsee a request to create a seperate mailing list to dump
such discusions into, to keep 'em out of hackers@f..

Julian S