Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 09:46:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help! apache doesn't send cgi's output...

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 1997, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > > 	would be nice to be able to search the database using
> > > 	miniSQL ;)
> >
> > well.. it shouldn't be that hard to adapt to SQL...  just never done
> > any SQL programming... Doug, you have an easy example to use?
>
> I have ancient stuff I wrote last year that's quite crusty but would serve
> as a decent start to the mSQL C API.  The API is quite straightforward,
> actually -- the worst part is that you have to stick together strings for
> the queries and you know how well C does string manipulation (wink wink)..
[SNIP]>
> mSQL would do that for you.  Disadvantage is that someone has to run the
> daemon, but it's quite small and requires no user intervention once
> running, and it's very, very fast.

Take a look at PostreSQL as well, if you're in the market for a free
database! I've just switched and I like the PostreSQL much more than mSQL.
More features, quicker, and a cleaner C API (IMHO). I'm quite impressed.
http://www.postresql.org  for the info. Oh, a much friendlier license as
well...

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
	University degrees are a bit like adultery: you may not want to
	get involved with that sort of thing, but you don't want to be
	thought incapable.	-Sir Peter Imbert