Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 20:30:48 -0500
From:      dlr <dlr@asylum.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hard disk..converting from freebsd back to dos

I've run freebsd on many different machines, and have 2 hard disk each
about 200 megs both with freebsd installed. I used the *whole disk* for
freebsd thinking i would never go back.

Now i'd like to take those two hard disks and redo them to put them in a
windoz machine for my daughter (13y/o and she *does* know unix!). This is
an old 486-50dx machine, and it won't recognize the larger HD's out
now...otherwise i would just buy a new one.

Of course a floppy boot to dos and the disks aren't recognized. Is there
a simple way to convert them back to dos/windows?

Thanks,

dave racette