Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 21:20:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>
Cc:        Thomas Ripley <outsider33_2000@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some help please!

>On Dec 2, Thomas Ripley wrote:
>
>> Hi... I was trying to download the freeBSD Unix, but I'm having
>some trouble.  I followed the > links to the mirror sites, but I
>don't understnad exactly where to get it.  I really want to learn >
>unix... Can you please send me the exace url of where I can download
>it for Windows 98.  I really > do appreciate you time... Thank You!

Thomas:

If you're new to Unix, you'll be best off buying the FreeBSD boxed CD
set which I've seen at major electronics superstores (and some really
good bookstores).  The set comes with a book that you'll definitely
want.

You need to understand, though, that it's not a Windows application --
it's an operating system, just as Windows claims to be =).  Your best
bet is to install it on a computer that doesn't need to be 24/7
reliable, because you'll make mistakes and lose data until you get
used to it.  Read the book first, be persistent, and you'll be fine.

Hope this helps -d

- --
David Talkington
Community Networking Initiative