Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:10:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netbsd vulnerabilities

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
:
:I don't know about this one.. we may be.  Someone will have to look
:into it.

In terms of -015 vuln from netbsd:

1) semop:  -STABLE (44-RC from 8/28/01) seems to be vulnerable.  If we
look at sys/kern/sysv_sem.c, we can see that we do:

int
semop(p, uap)
        struct proc *p;
        register struct semop_args *uap;
{
        int semid = uap->semid;
        int nsops = uap->nsops;

nsops, defined from the man page and sysproto.h semop_args structure,
is _unsigned_.  So, I'd say we are vulnerable to #1.  Solution:  make the
local nsops variable unsigned (size_t might be better?)

2) still need to look into, will follow-up if no one else has when i loo
into it

3) same as 2

hpe this helps.