Date:      Wed, 7 May 2003 19:35:06 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>, "'Kenneth D. Merry'" <ken@kdm.org>, "Hall J D (ISeLS)" <jdhall@glam.ac.uk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: AIC-7902 problems

From: Don Bowman [mailto:don@sandvine.com]
> From: Kenneth D. Merry [mailto:ken@kdm.org]
> > On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 16:52:37 +0100, Hall J D (ISeLS) wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've just got a SuperMicro X5DE8 motherboard based server
> > with dual Xeon
> > > 2.4GHz processors and 2GB ram. This has got an on board
> > AIC-7902 based dual
> > > channel Ultra 320 SCSI controller onboard. Plugged into
> > channel A of the
> > > controller are two Fujitsu LVD Ultra320 SCA drives a 36GB
> > and a 73GB.

> I've merged the driver from MAIN (actually just dropped it
> in intact) to releng-4. The problem is still present for
> me. I'm not sure what a READ(6)/WRITE(6) not supported is.

Further, it appears that disabling tagging causes the problem
to go away (for me):

camcontrol negotiate da0 negotiate -T disabled

this can probably be done within your bios (^A on boot) to allow you
to install.

with the old system bios and the new system bios, this seems
to have the same value (the entire output of camcontrol negotiate
is the same) so i'm not sure what is different.

--don