Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:22:19 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Seva Gluschenko <gvs@demos.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/devel/ORBit fails to compile with glib-2.0

Message of Joe Marcus Clarke at Oct 2 10:39 ...

JMC> > While trying to make ORBit from ports I've found that it refuses to
JMC> > compile with glib-2.0 installed. Its configure script relies on
JMC> > glib-config which is most probably have been replaced with pkg-config
JMC> > for version 2.0 and higher.

JMC> The problem is almost surely with your configuration.  However, I can't
JMC> give you a solution unless you send me the output of make configure, the
JMC> config.log, and the ports currently installed on your machine.
JMC>
JMC> If I had to hazard a guess, I bet you don't have pkgconfig-0.12.0
JMC> installed from ports.

Not really %). I've found ORBit2 in ports already, which compiles with
glib2 just fine. I'm trying now to build Mozilla with glib2 (the
source point of investigation) and it still appears to be
pain-in-the-ass.

Sorry for bothering you for waste.

SY, Seva Gluschenko, just stranger on The Road. | http://gvs.rinet.ru/
Demos-Internet NOC engineer 			| GVS-RIPE | GVS3-RIPN