Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:38:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org>
Cc:        patl@phoenix.volant.org, lukin@okbmei.msk.su, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ldap-3.3

I agree that this should be separate port.  Anyone care to
work up a port?  I'll try to get it in this weekend with
some other changes that I'm working on.

Steve

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

# Pat,
#
# My choice of words, in particular the word "update",
# was probably not appropriate.  It stems for the fact
# that OpenLDAP is largely an update of Umich 3.3 and
# that the construction of an OpenLDAP port would,
# I hope, a cut-and-paste effort.
#
# OpenLDAP should be a new port.
#
# In terms of naming, I would prefer any OpenLDAP port
# actually be named OpenLDAP (or openldap).  I feel that
# users looking for a specific package should be able to
# find it under its known name.  If I found BSD-Free
# listed somewhere, I don't think I would necessarily
# identify it containing being FreeBSD.
#
# I believe ports/packages should only be renamed if a
# conflict arises with other packages OR it does not
# fit within existing naming conventions.
#
# Kurt
#
# To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
# with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the message
#