Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 11:07:51 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reason #465132 to Love FBSD....

Martin Tournoy wrote:
> Use windows 2000, works better and faster than XP anyway, has all the
> features XP has, except the teletubby UI, but that's not a feature but
> the work of the anti-christ...
> No troubles with updating, or nagscreens

Heh, I've a Thinkpad T23 with Win2K on it, though it really
ought to be used for FreeBSD as well --- however, wifey doesn't
see it that way just yet.  Maybe if I get her a shiny new
DELL (*ack, cough, *hack*, sniff, wheeze).

As for "no troubles with updating", that's all relative.  If
I were using a BSD kernel from 1999, nobody would talk to me
around here ;-).  I also appreciate FreeBSD's rich built-in
utility set, and dislike entering my passcode twice to switch
users in W2K (which, incidentally, isn't necessary on XP,
feature, bug, what have you....).

KDK

--
Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
That depends a good deal on where you want to get to, said the Cat.