Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:06:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        kedar@asacomputers.com (Kedar Rajadnya)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TYAN 1668 anyone ??

> We had that happen to us with NT systems and the 1668.  Sometimes, it had to
> do with memory.  We found that we had to use *very* specific SIMMS.
> Specially if they are 64MB SIMMS or above.  They tended not to like EDO
> simms and preferred parity.  Above 192MB, they almost always cause problems.
>
> It might be one of the reasons?

Hmm, I doubt it, I use only prime quality RAM here (because of exactly
that reason), and the same RAM works just fine in a 1662 board, which
is just as picky...

I have just changed the videocard once again in one of those machines to
an old Diamond Viper PRO video (P9100 based) and it hasn't failed yet, in
fact I'm writing this in a xterm on it....
I have a wierd feeling that these boards don't like S3 cards, all the
others we've tried where different vinatage S3 boards.
Well we'll see what happens, but it hasn't that stable with any of the
other cards...
Anybody else seen problems with S3 cards ??