Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 1995 19:52:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        torek@BSDI.COM (Chris Torek)
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org, terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFD: VFS, non-Intel architectures

> I am not going to comment on most of this, but I have to say one
> thing:
>
> >It is clear that Chris Torek's importation of the Heidemann code for
> >the 4.4BSD-Lite release was a quick hack job.
>
> I had nothing at all to do with the stackable vnodes in 4.4-Lite.
> (In fact, I argued for a completely different implementation of
> parts of it.)

Sorry; Kirk McKusick told me that as well.

I was put off on the wrong track by some tags.

Kirk says that the port was done by John and himself.

In any case, it still shows the marks of being a quick hack, which
is what I wanted to address.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Actually, I'd really like to hear your comments on the rest of the
RFD, especially now that I know that you are at odds with the
current implementation as well.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---