Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:31:14 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New BT848 driver 0.2 - that's it!

>From The Desk Of Randall Hopper :
> Amancio Hasty:
>  |In brooktree848.c , look for
>  |	case METEOR_CAP_CONTINOUS:
>  |change :
>  |	btl_reg = (u_long *) &bt848[BKTR_INT_MASK];
>  |	*btl_reg =    1 << 18 | 1 << 11 | 2;
>  |to:
>  |		btl_reg = (u_long *) &bt848[BKTR_INT_MASK];
>  |		*btl_reg =    1 << 23 |   2 | 1;
>
> Bingo!  I've had DTV running continuously @ 640x480 for 10 minutes and
> off-and-on for about 20 minutes with no crash.  Great job remote
> trouble-shooting from very little info!
>
> With some experimentation, it seems that setting bit 23 of the INT_MASK is
> the key.
>
> (Scratch, scratch...)  Now what I'm trying to figure out is how you knew to
> try that and "why" that works?!  According to the spec, that bit is in a
> "Reserved" block from bits 23-20 of the INT_STATUS/_MASK registers.  That
> bit also wasn't set in any lines of the STATUS dump I mailed either.
>
> So what's your secret?  :-)  Or am I just missing something blatently obvious
.

> Thanks again!
>
> Randall

Ask Brooktree,  I have no idea what that bit does 8)

As for detecting the actual problem, it comes from writing the driver and
examining what was different between single capture and continuous capture.
The primary difference that I could see was the  setting of  BKT_INT_MASK from
the Bt848 everything else is pretty much the same.

Curious, how do you like the performance of DTV?

Last but not least, I will try to generate another driver release tonite.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio