Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 23:50:41 +0400
From:      Roman Kurakin <rik@inse.ru>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with removable devices.

Hi,

    I am not sure if this list is right for my question but ...
Due to a hardware failure of one of my disks I use it via
usb box to be able to turn off/on and try again to read
some new portion of data from it. But with some probabilty
I get the following problem after turning off device: da0 is
gone as it should be from /dev, but all da0* devices are not.
After turning power on (on usb box) system tells me that I
have da1 device, but there is no any da1* devices in /dev.
Any request to unmount other filesystems are waiting for
smth and do not return control.
System does not turns off after this situation. After attempt
to enter debug mode it turns to the debuger but there is no
any response from the system any more.

I do not mount da0s1a filesystem, and I use da0 for reading
only raw data. The system is almost 6.1 RELEASE.

That is all information that I have for now. Is this problem
known?

rik