Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:38:16 -0400
From:      Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        jb <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The shutdown bug?

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 23/10/2012 21:38 Per olof Ljungmark said the following:

>>> There is another one:
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=172952&cat=
>>> jb
>> Thanks, I'll add my experiences to that one.
>
> I've just posted another followup to that PR.  If you could do some debugging
> that would be great.

Thank you for the followup, I will respond later when I am able. I will
have to build DDB into my kernel and see what I can find out about where
it's stuck.

I also intend to remove the SAS controllers and disable USB and various
things I can do to see if it stops being 100% reproducible on this
particular system.

I just patched in the following as a MFC and this also did not affect
this issue:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/geom/geom_disk.c?r1=240629&r2=241022&view=patch

That is 240822 and 241022 combined:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/geom/geom_disk.c?r1=240629&view=log