Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The -o port=xxx option in NFS

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Zhihui Zhang wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Zhihui Zhang wrote:
>

> > The mount_nfs manual says I can use -o port=<port_number> to specify
> > a port number for NFS requests.  Which port number should I use: the port
> > number of the portmapper (111), the port number of the mountd daemon, or
> > the port number of the nfsd daemon?  I also suppose I can use the
> > following command:
> >
> > # mount -o port=xxx host:directory directory
> >
> > and the -o port=xxx part will be passed onto the mount_nfs.  Is this
> > right?
> >
> In answering myself, the port number should be 2049.

	Why do you want to specify the port? If you have no need to do
that, just leave the option out.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"