Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:29:28 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   contiguous memory allocation problem

Hi,

I sometimes see that the USB driver is unable to allocate contiguous memory
for itself. For example I noticed that FreeBSD was unable to allocate
350kbytes of contiguous memory after that I had run "konqueror", the KDE web
browser and various other memory consuming applications for a while.

I am thinking about pre-allocating some memory for USB, but isn't that the job
of bus-dma, which the USB system uses for memory allocation?

The machine in question is running FreeBSD 7-current from April.

Any comments?

Thanks,
--HPS