Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:39:47 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with tput being to strict?

hello...  it seems that tput is being a bit to strict on it's interpetation
of escape characters...  if I run tput init with TERM=tek4107... I will
get this error message:
tput: unknown % escape `!' for capability `is'

if I write my own program to just dump the is entry out it works great...
should I add a "debug" flag to tput that will enable the extended error
checking?  should I remove the error checking all together?

thanks for you input...  ttyl...

--
John-Mark

Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)