Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 10:19:29 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pwd_mkdb on 2.0 eventually core dumps

Well, I got a freebsd system up and running...(I need to boot
with -c, disable sio0 and convert ed1 to irq 4.)

To make an account, I was to run vipw (looks like a lot of stuff
is being done under the hood) but after I run vipw I get on the
console:
pid 110: pwd_mkdb: uid 0: exited on signal 11

and my new account doesn't take...

1) is there a simple way to add an account?
2) is there a way to automate the boot procedure (short of
rebuilding the kernel?)
3) is there a way to boot from dos (seems pretty simple...)
4) is there an implementation of strace/trace for freebsd

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001