Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:22:56 -0500
From:      Michael Aucoin <maucoin01@mediaone.net>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, Jeff Soule <jsoule@webcrossing.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Different Device Names for Identical NICs

All,

     Thanks very much for all the input.  I thought I would give you an
update.  I was able to use both (3c509) NICs together after I rebuilt
the kernel with ep1 (thanks, Rick).  However, I was initially blocked by
the NICs having the same IO address and IRQ.  I reconfigured one of them
(using the 3COM-supplied DOS utility) and all is well now.  I have been
brain dead about this whole thing, but I did not at first realize I
would have to reconfigure the NIC.  Is this usual?

        Mike