Date:      Thu, 24 May 2012 15:25:18 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   libunwind-based pstack(1)

--4aUSi4GuQtquuilV

Hi,
I reimplemented pstack(1) using libunwind. The source is available at
the git repository at http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/git/pstacku.git/ .
To use it, you should also use git HEAD of the libunwind from
http://libunwind.nongnu.org, I do not think that version from ports
will work. Due to libunwind use, this pstack works on i386 and amd64.
When libunwind/FreeBSD is ported to other arches, adding corresponding
support to pstack is quite easy.

So far, I tried to implement most of the features supported by original
pstack, but there are limitations due to use of libunwind. Only libthr
supported as the threading library, you probably get some funny results
for libc_r and kse-based libpthread.

The big unimplemented feature is coredump stack dumping, but libunwind
only got support for Linux coredump backtracing a day ago, and I did not
yet looked at porting this to FreeBSD.

Lesser implemented but not properly working feature is the arguments=20
printing. I might fix this later.

Enjoy.

--4aUSi4GuQtquuilV

--4aUSi4GuQtquuilV--