Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:42:12 +0200
From:      Meike Aulbach <strange@stoned.rhein-main.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No space in TX FIFO - finally succeeded

Hi,

as I wrote about two weeks ago I had massive problems concerning this
"no space in TX FIFO"-thing,

/kernel: i4b-L1-ph_data_req: No Space in TX FIFO, state = F4 Awaiting Signal

Even though I used a correctly recognized Teles S0/16.3 nonpnp isdncard,
nothing worked, errormsgs were flooding the console until I rebooted the box.

I decided to play around in the BIOS-settings, I first just set them all
to default, which didn't work, and then changed lots of things - unfortunately
I can't remember them. After about hundreds of trial 'n errors I gave up.

A few days ago I just made another attempt, booted the box and to my surprise
it all worked without the smallest problem, great data rates :)

I tried hard to found what the something special was I changed in the BIOS
settings, but I just couldnt get isdnd back to its stupid behaviour it
showed all the time before, but I would recommend everybody who has this
kind of problem to look into his BIOS.

bye, Meike

--
Meike Aulbach <strange@stoned.rhein-main.de>
PGP Key fingerprint = 66 05 8B 5E AD 80 60 DE  06 EA 60 D6 E0 D8 F1 43