Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:12:17 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        slaterm@excel.tnet.com.au (Michael Slater), freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Volume Limits.

In article <5al0jq$ket$1@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

: Hello,
:       I am asking any ISP's that have volume and/or time limits on their
: systems, one simple question.... How do you do it ? What
: software/hardware is needed to implement this sort of option ?

 Hmm.. think once I wrote a 12 line shell script that limited users
 in the dialup_users group to 2 hours per day.

 Its pretty easy.. just use a few unix utils grep'd, sed'd, awk'd and
 your done.   I've seen some interesting time-watching code based on
 user classes and rulesets (email davo@katy.apana.org.au for more info)

 If your interested in that script I could dig it up and post it to ya.
 Volume limiting would be more interesting, but I haven't done it.

 You could also look at the login-classes stuff that David Nugent is putting
 into freebsd-3.0-current, or there is a "radius-terminal-server" package
 around somewhere that turns a PC+serial ports into a radius (tm) compatible
 box.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds