Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:21:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quantum Viking-II and NCR, new firmware!

> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine has several problems with the Quantum Viking-II
> and an 53C875 based controller (SC875). (well known here)
> I have looked at www.quantum.com --- nothing.
> But on ftp.quantum.com in /Firmware/Viking-II is a tool to
> download new firmware and firmware from August 18. Has anybody
> already tried to upgrade the drives ?

I have done it yesterday on a DLT 4700, on 9 Atlas II and on
3 Viking I (but no Viking II). Worked great, after getting
help here from the list because I couldn't figure out which
file to use for the Atlas II :-)

	-Andre

P.S.: Anyone who wants to upgrade a Atlas II: use the QSHR_LDR3.EXE
      from the Atlas-II directory; not the QSHR_LDR.EXE in LYK8.
      I couldn't get the drive(s) back onto the bus by using QSHR_LDR.EXE
      (This doesn't appear to hurt, but takes quite long to comlete.)