Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:59:46 +0300
From:      "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        "Lawrence Farr" <freebsd-net@epcdirect.co.uk>, "'Hartmann, O.'" <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>, "'Simon L. Nielsen'" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-R-p2 crashes on SMP with AMI RAID and Intel 1000/Pro

One thing that might give a hint of a PS issue is to have the system idle,
with machdep.cpu_idle_hlt=1 and run mbmon or healthd or similar,
look at the voltages.

Then do machdep.cpu_idle_hlt=0 and look at the voltages again. Add disk
activity if you have enough disks to make a difference.

If your voltages change, you have a problem. Many power supplies do
not live up to their ratings.

Pete