Date:      Mon, 2 May 2022 18:12:43 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changes in drm ports

On Mon, 02 May 2022 18:06:49 +0200
Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
> > Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> writes:
> >
> >>  - For (futur) 13.1 users the default drm kmod port will still be
> >> drm-fbsd13-kmod (tracking Linux 5.4) as long as 13.0 is supported. But
> >> you also have the option to install directly drm-510-kmod in case you
> >> hardware isn't supported in 5.4
> >
> > Why keep drm-fbsd13-kmod when it can be replaced by drm-54-kmod?
>
> Note, both drm-fbsd13-kmod and drm-54-kmod are based on Linux 5.4 and
> even have identical GH_TAGNAME. The main difference is SOURCE option and
> unblocked -CURRENT in drm-54-kmod.

 The SOURCE option is the main reason I didn't removed it as some
people still uses it. I'll send a mail a bit before 13.0 is EoL as a
warning that this will go.
 But I could change the drm-kmod metaport for 13.0 to use drm-54-kmod
as it's mostly for package users. Will probably do that this week.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@FreeBSD.org>