Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:34:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Rob Simons <rob@xs1.simplex.nl>
To:        dwoods@netgazer.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows NT Problem - Off subject

| We are adding a customer via direct ISDN.  We have a Livingston PM-2i, they
| have an Ascend P50.  We are able to get packets to and from the 2i and p50
| just fine.  Problem is, they run token ring and a windows NT server.  We
| have installed an 10Base-T card in the server, and thought that we
| configured routing correctly, but for some reason the server doesnt' want
| to pass packets from the internal token-ring network to the p50 and then
| out to us.  Each card has its own IP address, TCP is loaded.  The 10Base-T
| card has the token ring card as the gateway and routing is turned on.  The
| computer knows about both interfaces and seems to be happy with both of
| them.

| The 10Base-T card has the token ring card as the gateway and routing is
| turned on.
'routing' means ip-forwarding between the interfaces here ?

As I read it here you have the token ring card as default gateway for
the 10Base-T card?  It's supposed to be the other way around. On the
client it should read the server's token ring card ip-address as
gateway, and on the server it should read the Ascend's ip as default
gateway. If thee Ascend's ip is in the same range as the 10Base-T card
it will find it no problem.
If this won't solve your problem you should make a small drawing of your
configuration, and write the ip addresses and netmasks for each
interface.

- Rob.

/*   Rob Simons                      |  rob@simplex.nl          *\
/*   Novell Netware System Operator  |  UNIX system operator    *\