Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 2020 09:37:36 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        James Wright <james.wright@digital-chaos.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysutils/apache-mesos: Enable Java bindings request for review

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 at 07:14, James Wright
<james.wright@digital-chaos.com> wrote:
[..]
>    One specific area of concern is dealing with the Maven dependencies
> fetched mid-way through the build phase. I thought I had a solution
> utilizing
> the maven dependency plugin "go-offline" goal in the fetch phase and
> providing a skeleton POM to describe the dependencies required. However,
> there
> is a question mark over where these dependencies should be downloaded
> during the fetch phase;

One possible way to do this is to provide an offline maven repository
that has all the required dependencies pre-fetched. The pre-warmed
repo is static, and can be retrieved and extracted during the
fetch-phase. Your maven build can then specify
"-Dmaven.repo.local=${WRKDIR}/local-repo".

The java/eclipse port uses this strategy.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>