Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:09:49 -0400
From:      Mike <mike@mikesweb.com>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>, "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
Cc:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, ee@uncanny.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustration with SCSI system

I've used various Seagate SCSI drives exclusively in all of my boxes and
only had one failure, which I was still able to recover all the data from
before replacing it. The first box I built back in '97 had an UW Seagate in
it that I bought used, and it was very heavily used for 2 years, and I
still have that original configuration for various small projects. Right
now I have 4 boxes with Barracuda drives (7200RPM) almost to the ceiling in
a closet at one site that temps can get up to 80 degrees F, with a constant
fan on them, all doing fine.. I build a couple boxes with Seagate Cheetah's
in them, for a guy who has an ISP out of his house. He also has (literally)
12 cats and dogs whose hair ends up in the filters of his servers. They too
are heavily used, and have had no problems.
It's almost like it goes on luck. ;-)