Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:57:23 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with mergemaster

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:55:56PM -0400, Randall Hopper wrote:
> Garrett Wollman:
>  |Darren Gamble wrote:
>  |>
>  |> I have recently (finally) been able to do a make build/installworld on
>  |> one of my test systems with the Stable tree.
>  |>
>  |> However, mergemaster does not appear to be working properly.  ...
>  |> For each file, I get
>  |>
>  |>    *** Problem installing ./foo , it will remain to merge by hand
>  |That's because someone(tm) removed the `-c' options to `install' from
>  |the -stable version of mergemaster, even though the -stable version of
>  |`install' still needs them.
>
> Is there a work-around for this?  I supped stable Monday and also saw this.

The work-around is to ignore the error messages.  Contrary to what
the message says the files do get installed correctly.

You can verify this by rerunning mergemaster and noticing that it
ignores those files the second time (since they have already been
updated.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson