Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 1998 14:30:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SCSI Differential controllers

Eddie Fry, On 06-Oct-98 you wrote:
>  What "differential" SCSI controllers are supported by FreeBSD?
>
>  Please reply directly, I'm not on this list.

Differential vs. Single-Ended is a cable electrical signal issue, no a
softwae issue.  Any controller which the vendor build in differentical as
well as single ended will work.  Some new controllers use what is known as
``low voltage differential'' with means the controller (correct name is
HBA) will ``talk'' differential to differential devices, single-ended to SE
devices.

Most DPT (http://www.dpt.com) controllers are available either way, with
the PM3335UDW giving you RAID and 3 SCSI busses in a single PCI slot.

>  Thanks!!
>
>  --
>  Eddie Fry
>  EAZNet Internet Services

Sincerely Yours,                 Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
                                             770.265.7340
Simon Shapiro

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth