Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:41:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing on a Compaq Smart Array 221

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 3.3 on a Compaq Proliant Server with a
Compaq Smart Array 221 card with two disks.

I have configured the raid card with the Compaq software for UNIX. But
when I try to install FreeBSD it finds no disk. It does not seems to
probe the dpt0 device even though it is listed in kernel list.

What have I missed?

Yours
Mats

Mats Dufberg                                    dufberg@nic-se.se
NIC-SE                                           +46-8-545 857 06
Box 5774                                    fax: +46-8-545 857 29
SE-114 87 Stockholm                         http://www.nic-se.se/