Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:05:50 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Carlo Dapor <carlo@vis.ethz.ch>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Stu Brown <stuartb@abs.karoo.co.uk>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting JDK1.2.2 to OpenBSD

Hi Carlo,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:59:02AM +0200, Carlo Dapor wrote:
> Now, I use
> 	gmake LINK.c=gcc LINK.cc=g++
> only.  There are two hick-ups, though.

I'm not sure why you need the LINK definitions.  Can you maybe post the
errors you experience when you don't use them?  I haven't had to do this.

> For some weird reason, the file
> invokers.c never gets build.  I remember that I never was able to have it gene-
> rated through the Linux binaries, not even with jdk 1.2.2.  I cheat by compiling
> InvokerGen.java, run java InvokerGen < invokers.txt > invokers.c with the native
> BSD (1.2.2) binaries ; and when I successfully built everything, I re-generate
> invokers.c, only this time with the brand-new binaries.
> No difference between the two, not even their md5 checksums.

Right, I recall that some people had this problem with the 1.2.2, but I
don't think anybody tracked down why it happened to some and not others.

> The second hickup is the fact that some libraries (X11, verify, dps, etc) are
> not found.
> Here the solution was to symbolically link the offending libs into
> $LIBj/classic, since this directory is referred to in link-edit steps every-
> where.  Not a clean way, but it works for now.

This shouldn't be the case.  All the X libraries are looked for in
OPENWINHOME (I think -- haven't check this 100%).  So if you have that
specified correctly you should be ok.  Same with dps.  libverify is
something that is built along the way...

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494