Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 2020 13:26:47 -0800
From:      Chris <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What is the actual syntax used to FLAVOR ports?

OK I know FLAVOR is an evolving concept=2E But I can not find
the FLAVOR documentation=2E Only references in the porters
handbook=2E What I think needs to be available is an entire
list of flavor tags for all (port) categories=2E
For example;
make FLAVOR=3Dpython27 returns the error use py27=2E
OK now I know how to flavor, and build python flavors=2E
But what of Perl?
make FLAVOR=3Dperl2=2E8=2E Nope=2E How about make FLAVOR=3Dp5-28,
and so it goes=2E=2E=2E
Does there exist a definitive list of flavors? It'd
also be valuable for defining defaults in make=2Econf(5)

Thanks!

--Chris