Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:32:38 -0600
From:      "Scott Gerhardt" <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Size requirements for /tmp

Just wondering what the potential size requirements for /tmp are?
I'm running a relatively quiet web/mail server and there never seems to be
much in /tmp.

I was thinking of symlinking /tmp to /usr/tmp to be on the safe side.

I know this is purely system dependant, but what is an expected range for
/tmp space requirements?  Is it a few MB or 100s of MB?