Date:      22 Aug 1997 19:29:21 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tkman and tk-8.0

>> On 22 Aug 1997 14:14:35 +0200, Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de> said:

    TG> tkman-2.0 will require a patch to Tk-8.0 and won't run with
    TG> older versions. The patch is available as invisible.patch in
    TG> the latest beta
    TG> (ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/people/phelps/tcltk/tkman-2.0b6.tar.Z)
    TG> and probably won't get included into Tk-8.0. Can we just
    TG> include it in the tk80 port? The resulting wish is compatible
    TG> to the original, just the text widget contains an additional
    TG> command (`-invisible') which tkman-2.0 depends upon. Another
    TG> possibility would be a separate port for this, which seems
    TG> silly to me.

O no, what is this horrible tendency in Tcl/Tk programs and/or
programmers that always need patches and 'extentions' to components
they rely on. Horrible.

I know that sometimes you build software upon another piece that you'd
like to be a bit different, but that's a fact of life and one should
find workarounds.

Blergh

--
 /\_/\
( o.o ) Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust me, I know