Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:50:26 -0400
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        "B. Estrade" <estrabd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl isvaliddate function

--Apple-Mail=_B718EA43-FD52-42BD-9BB0-D51D04C39FAC

On Oct 25, 2014, at 2:21 PM, B. Estrade <estrabd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks fine to just get it working. If you wanted to be more efficient, =
I believe there is a way to use the core POSIX::strfmtime in a way that =
would verify that the date you start with is the same date as the one =
returned after the format.  This core function is also very useful for =
date addition and subtraction.
>=20
> I don't have time at this moment to create a proof of concept, but if =
you're interested let me know and I will when I have a minute.

Yes, please, when you have time, please try that proof for me.  I would =
appreciate that.

FYI: I believe all dates within the ports tree must be YYYY-MM-DD so =
using something like that would be useful.

Comparing the starting date to the supplied date is good too, to catch =
edge cases like the first example.

=97=20
Dan Langille