Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 21:21:11 -1000 (HST)
From:      David Langford <langfod@maui.com>
To:        root@io.cts.com (Morgan Davis)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Major problem with IDE hard drive and current

Morgan Davis

>David Langford writes:
>>

>> It seems that the last few kernels I have made on my machine using current
>> cannot find my IDE controller.
>>
>> wdc0 at 0x170 not found
>> wdc1 at 0x1F0 not found
>>
>> My kernel from July 29 works fine, however.
>
>This is likely related to a similar problem I reported a couple of
>weeks ago.  The fix involves masking out an unexpected bit from the
>reset status result in wd.c.
>
>What kind of IDE controller do you have?

I have tried a Goldstar IDE controller with a "Goldstar Prime2" chip (May 94),
a Goldstar with a "GM82C765" chip (Jun 92), and a multi I/O controller with
the UMC UM82C863F and UM82C865F chipset (from early 93).
I have used these cards since my early days with Mt. Xinu Mach Ix86.
All show the same problem.

I pulled wd.c from the STABLE tree and dropped it in and things come up fine.

    |      David Langford  -  Kihei, Maui, Hawaii  - langfod@maui.com    |
    |     Maui Research and Technology Center -- Network Administrator   |