Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:08:33 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'mly' driver update/bugfix snapshot available

> Jun 18 13:49:25 hiob /kernel: mly0: physical device 0:0  device cannot be accessed
> Jun 18 13:49:25 hiob /kernel: mly0: logical device 0 (da0)  critical
> Jun 18 13:49:25 hiob /kernel: mly0:  unknown event code - 61
> Jun 18 13:49:25 hiob /kernel: (da0:mly0:0:0:0): lost device

Ok.  Here is where we come unstuck; the event code has confused physical
device 0:0 with logical device 0.

Can you try the new version at:

 http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/mylex/mly-20010618.tar.gz

I've undone the madness I had before wrt. switching 'virtual' bus numbers
around, and it should survive the above.  I discovered the other day that
I can't actually find the key for my hotswap bays, so I can't test drive
pulls, which is cramping my testing a bit.

I still don't think that it'll properly handle a drive going totally
offline and then coming back, but I could be wrong.  Your test case here
should be fixed though.

Please let me know how you go; I really appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
Mike